lovelybike3

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away? Or on Second Thought, Stay!

Posted on 10:19 AM by dvdsvdsdv
I have not been cycling for the past week due to nonstop rain. But today I finally could not take it anymore: Despite the overcast sky and the morbid forecast, I went. By mid-day, it did rain. And it was great!


Some nice things about cycling in the rain:
. it's good for your complexion
. you can sing in it (and I did!)
. the grass and trees look super green, almost neon
. the lovely scent of flowers really comes out
. you have the cycle paths mostly to yourself
. you have an excuse to wear screaming red and lobsterman yellow!


Above: My empty Apfelspritzer mug, in an empty outdoor cafe -- in the rain. Look how red those geraniums look!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in countryside, rain, trails | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Da Vinci Bicycle... Or Not
    Forget the Fendi Bicycle . It has been proposed that the first Italian designer bike was invented by Leonardo Da Vinci. The wooden construc...
  • Citibike Wien
    Like many cities in the EU, Vienna has recently adapted an active city-wide bicycle rental programme. The concept is similar to Zipcar in t...
  • Woolen Socks and Tights: Winter Cycling Delights
    Over the holidays I was gifted some wool socks and tights, and I thought it might be useful to review them. Wool is of course an essential ...
  • French Inspirations II: J'Adore RenĂ© Herse
    As far as vintage roadbikes go, none have gotten to me quite like the impeccably elegant René Herse . For your viewing pleasure, I present s...
  • Old English vs New English
    When I first posted about buying my vintage Raleigh Lady's Tourist, a reader commented that it looks like "the Pashley's grandm...
  • DZnuts for the Ladies?
    One discovery I have made in my attempts to battle roadbike discomforts is a product called DZnuts . This is a chamois cream that promises t...
  • Creative Encounters: Bicycle "Self-help" Workshop
    Located in the WUK center for workshops and culture in Vienna, the Fahrrad Selbsthilfe Werkstatt (Bicycle Self-Help Workshop), functions o...
  • New Year, New Look, and Change of Contact Info
    Happy 2010 everyone! It's always nice to do something new in the new year, and so you may have noticed that I've made some minor cha...
  • Batavus Old Dutch: Not What I Expected
    If you follow the Suburban Bike Mama  blog, you may recognise that this is the fabled silver Batavus Old Dutch that has been the subject of...
  • Bicycles in Vienna: Part I
    On account of my job, I spend parts of the year in Vienna, Austria. Now that my interest in bicycles is ignited, I have been paying attenti...

Categories

  • ANT
  • art
  • bags
  • basket
  • beginners
  • bicycle events
  • bicycle industry
  • bicycle reviews
  • bike friends
  • bike shopping
  • blog development
  • Boston
  • Brompton
  • Brooks
  • Cape Cod
  • cats
  • clothing
  • Co-Habitant
  • coaster brake
  • comfort
  • countryside
  • diamond frame
  • DIY
  • DL-1
  • dress guards
  • drop bars
  • Eustacia Vye
  • fashion industry
  • fenders
  • films
  • flowers
  • food
  • framebuilding
  • Gazelle
  • gender
  • give-away
  • grips
  • handlebars
  • holidays
  • Italian bicycles
  • lights
  • local bike shops
  • loop frame
  • Lucy 3-Speed
  • lugs
  • Marianne
  • mixte
  • Motobecane
  • Myles
  • night time cycling
  • Pashley
  • product reviews
  • rain
  • Raleigh
  • restoration
  • Rivendell
  • roadcycling
  • rod brakes
  • Rodney
  • Royal H
  • Royal H. Mixte
  • saddles
  • shop visits
  • silliness
  • skirt
  • social commentary
  • somervillain
  • summer cycling
  • sun and heat
  • tandem
  • technique
  • test rides
  • tires
  • tools
  • traffic
  • trails
  • travel
  • urban cycling
  • Velouria
  • Vienna
  • vintage
  • winter cycling

Blog Archive

  • ►  2010 (8)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2009 (182)
    • ►  December (22)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (27)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (23)
    • ▼  May (19)
      • Rain, Rain Go Away? Or on Second Thought, Stay!
      • The Pashley Princess: How the Choice Was Made
      • Viennese Cyclists
      • The "Fendi Abici Bike" in Vogue Magazine
      • His Pashley Roadster Arrives!
      • In Defense of the "Frivolous" Bike Craze
      • Kitty Inspects English Craftsmanship
      • Netted Dress Guards
      • Shady Lady: On the Necessity of Sunglasses
      • Danube Cycle Path: Part II
      • Danube Cycle Path: Part I
      • Citibike Wien
      • Bicycles in Vienna: Part III
      • Bicycles in Vienna: Part II
      • Bicycles in Vienna: Part I
      • Gazelle in Club Monaco, Boston
      • Pashley Roadster Sovereign
      • Pashleys at Harris Cyclery!
      • Profiles of Traditional Bicycle Manufacturers
    • ►  April (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

dvdsvdsdv
View my complete profile