lovelybike3

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, May 1, 2009

Pashleys at Harris Cyclery!

Posted on 2:54 PM by dvdsvdsdv
Having discovered that a local bike shop, Harris Cyclery imports Pashley, I hurried to West Newton. They had four different floor models, ready to try. When I saw them, my jaw dropped: Pashley bicycles are absolutely stunning. I approached the Princess Sovereign, touched her, and felt weak in the knees. But thankfully, not too weak to take her for a ride out back.


The model in the photo above is the 20" (medium) frame in the gorgeous Regency Green colour. I am 5'7" (170cm) and this size is perfect for me. When the seat is in its very lowest position, I can just touch the ground with my toes.

One feature that this bicycle lacks in its standard form is a coaster brake. However, the master wheel builder at Harris Cyclery can install a coaster brake with a 7-Gear Shimano hub at a reasonable extra cost, should I decide to purchase the Princess.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Boston, Brooks, dress guards, local bike shops, loop frame, Pashley, skirt | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Da Vinci Bicycle... Or Not
    Forget the Fendi Bicycle . It has been proposed that the first Italian designer bike was invented by Leonardo Da Vinci. The wooden construc...
  • Citibike Wien
    Like many cities in the EU, Vienna has recently adapted an active city-wide bicycle rental programme. The concept is similar to Zipcar in t...
  • DZnuts for the Ladies?
    One discovery I have made in my attempts to battle roadbike discomforts is a product called DZnuts . This is a chamois cream that promises t...
  • Woolen Socks and Tights: Winter Cycling Delights
    Over the holidays I was gifted some wool socks and tights, and I thought it might be useful to review them. Wool is of course an essential ...
  • French Inspirations II: J'Adore René Herse
    As far as vintage roadbikes go, none have gotten to me quite like the impeccably elegant René Herse . For your viewing pleasure, I present s...
  • Old English vs New English
    When I first posted about buying my vintage Raleigh Lady's Tourist, a reader commented that it looks like "the Pashley's grandm...
  • New Year, New Look, and Change of Contact Info
    Happy 2010 everyone! It's always nice to do something new in the new year, and so you may have noticed that I've made some minor cha...
  • Creative Encounters: Bicycle "Self-help" Workshop
    Located in the WUK center for workshops and culture in Vienna, the Fahrrad Selbsthilfe Werkstatt (Bicycle Self-Help Workshop), functions o...
  • Bicycles in Vienna: Part I
    On account of my job, I spend parts of the year in Vienna, Austria. Now that my interest in bicycles is ignited, I have been paying attenti...
  • Adventures with Shellac: Olive Handlebar Tape
    Okay: So say, hypothetically, you acquire a Mixte . It is a beautiful pale marine-blue. And it comes with drop handlebars. And after read...

Categories

  • ANT
  • art
  • bags
  • basket
  • beginners
  • bicycle events
  • bicycle industry
  • bicycle reviews
  • bike friends
  • bike shopping
  • blog development
  • Boston
  • Brompton
  • Brooks
  • Cape Cod
  • cats
  • clothing
  • Co-Habitant
  • coaster brake
  • comfort
  • countryside
  • diamond frame
  • DIY
  • DL-1
  • dress guards
  • drop bars
  • Eustacia Vye
  • fashion industry
  • fenders
  • films
  • flowers
  • food
  • framebuilding
  • Gazelle
  • gender
  • give-away
  • grips
  • handlebars
  • holidays
  • Italian bicycles
  • lights
  • local bike shops
  • loop frame
  • Lucy 3-Speed
  • lugs
  • Marianne
  • mixte
  • Motobecane
  • Myles
  • night time cycling
  • Pashley
  • product reviews
  • rain
  • Raleigh
  • restoration
  • Rivendell
  • roadcycling
  • rod brakes
  • Rodney
  • Royal H
  • Royal H. Mixte
  • saddles
  • shop visits
  • silliness
  • skirt
  • social commentary
  • somervillain
  • summer cycling
  • sun and heat
  • tandem
  • technique
  • test rides
  • tires
  • tools
  • traffic
  • trails
  • travel
  • urban cycling
  • Velouria
  • Vienna
  • vintage
  • winter cycling

Blog Archive

  • ►  2010 (8)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2009 (182)
    • ►  December (22)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (27)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (23)
    • ▼  May (19)
      • Rain, Rain Go Away? Or on Second Thought, Stay!
      • The Pashley Princess: How the Choice Was Made
      • Viennese Cyclists
      • The "Fendi Abici Bike" in Vogue Magazine
      • His Pashley Roadster Arrives!
      • In Defense of the "Frivolous" Bike Craze
      • Kitty Inspects English Craftsmanship
      • Netted Dress Guards
      • Shady Lady: On the Necessity of Sunglasses
      • Danube Cycle Path: Part II
      • Danube Cycle Path: Part I
      • Citibike Wien
      • Bicycles in Vienna: Part III
      • Bicycles in Vienna: Part II
      • Bicycles in Vienna: Part I
      • Gazelle in Club Monaco, Boston
      • Pashley Roadster Sovereign
      • Pashleys at Harris Cyclery!
      • Profiles of Traditional Bicycle Manufacturers
    • ►  April (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

dvdsvdsdv
View my complete profile