lovelybike3

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, June 19, 2009

Critical Mass Chic? -- Austria

Posted on 11:00 AM by dvdsvdsdv
I stopped by at the meeting point of the Critical Mass "Bare as You Dare" bike ride in Vienna today. There was a conference at work and I could not get away long enough to take part in the ride -- but I took some photos and said hello to people, then went back after the ride took off.

There was a very friendly, pleasant atmosphere at this event, which I had not been expecting after reading the negative comments about Critical Mass on several weblogs. There were also many lovely cyclists. I have so many photos, that I've decided to split this into a "clothed" post and a "naked" post. The naked will follow shortly : )

First we have our very own lovely Anna, from Cycling Is Good for you! We met briefly and I was charmed by her beautiful socks and sandals.

Here they are up close -- nice! If you don't know it already, Anna's blog is worth visiting.

This delightful woman on a unicycle stood out in her matching green outfit and pirate hat!

A ginger-haired beauty in a green satin dress with red bicycle...

Another lovely red-head, in a pink mini-dress with a vintage orange folding bike. Nice!

1920s film-star looks and a dreamy attitude...

The bicycle is integral in her lady-like, serene posture...

This dashing representative of criticalmass.at looked lovely in black, with contrasting cream lace-ups.

And this stylish young lady relaxed in her orange cargo bike sporting a matching bandana and a happy smile.

A leggy, ethereal beauty was kind enough to pose for me by the fountain...

Of course, some lovely gentlemen graced the event with their stylish presence as well.

Notice that this one is riding one of the Citibikes discussed here.

Of course, the prize for the loveliest bicycle goes to this golden beauty! I would love to see this in the streets of Vienna during the rest of the year.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in bicycle events, bike friends, clothing, social commentary, urban cycling, Vienna | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Da Vinci Bicycle... Or Not
    Forget the Fendi Bicycle . It has been proposed that the first Italian designer bike was invented by Leonardo Da Vinci. The wooden construc...
  • Citibike Wien
    Like many cities in the EU, Vienna has recently adapted an active city-wide bicycle rental programme. The concept is similar to Zipcar in t...
  • DZnuts for the Ladies?
    One discovery I have made in my attempts to battle roadbike discomforts is a product called DZnuts . This is a chamois cream that promises t...
  • Woolen Socks and Tights: Winter Cycling Delights
    Over the holidays I was gifted some wool socks and tights, and I thought it might be useful to review them. Wool is of course an essential ...
  • French Inspirations II: J'Adore RenĂ© Herse
    As far as vintage roadbikes go, none have gotten to me quite like the impeccably elegant René Herse . For your viewing pleasure, I present s...
  • Old English vs New English
    When I first posted about buying my vintage Raleigh Lady's Tourist, a reader commented that it looks like "the Pashley's grandm...
  • New Year, New Look, and Change of Contact Info
    Happy 2010 everyone! It's always nice to do something new in the new year, and so you may have noticed that I've made some minor cha...
  • Creative Encounters: Bicycle "Self-help" Workshop
    Located in the WUK center for workshops and culture in Vienna, the Fahrrad Selbsthilfe Werkstatt (Bicycle Self-Help Workshop), functions o...
  • Bicycles in Vienna: Part I
    On account of my job, I spend parts of the year in Vienna, Austria. Now that my interest in bicycles is ignited, I have been paying attenti...
  • Adventures with Shellac: Olive Handlebar Tape
    Okay: So say, hypothetically, you acquire a Mixte . It is a beautiful pale marine-blue. And it comes with drop handlebars. And after read...

Categories

  • ANT
  • art
  • bags
  • basket
  • beginners
  • bicycle events
  • bicycle industry
  • bicycle reviews
  • bike friends
  • bike shopping
  • blog development
  • Boston
  • Brompton
  • Brooks
  • Cape Cod
  • cats
  • clothing
  • Co-Habitant
  • coaster brake
  • comfort
  • countryside
  • diamond frame
  • DIY
  • DL-1
  • dress guards
  • drop bars
  • Eustacia Vye
  • fashion industry
  • fenders
  • films
  • flowers
  • food
  • framebuilding
  • Gazelle
  • gender
  • give-away
  • grips
  • handlebars
  • holidays
  • Italian bicycles
  • lights
  • local bike shops
  • loop frame
  • Lucy 3-Speed
  • lugs
  • Marianne
  • mixte
  • Motobecane
  • Myles
  • night time cycling
  • Pashley
  • product reviews
  • rain
  • Raleigh
  • restoration
  • Rivendell
  • roadcycling
  • rod brakes
  • Rodney
  • Royal H
  • Royal H. Mixte
  • saddles
  • shop visits
  • silliness
  • skirt
  • social commentary
  • somervillain
  • summer cycling
  • sun and heat
  • tandem
  • technique
  • test rides
  • tires
  • tools
  • traffic
  • trails
  • travel
  • urban cycling
  • Velouria
  • Vienna
  • vintage
  • winter cycling

Blog Archive

  • ►  2010 (8)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2009 (182)
    • ►  December (22)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (27)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ▼  June (23)
      • (dis)Comfort Bike Blues
      • Bicycles in Vienna, Part IV: Mixte Galore
      • Magic Mixte Makeover
      • Adventures with Shellac: Cork Grip Yumminess!
      • Rodney, the Distinguished Older Gentleman
      • Velo Corsetry: Rescuing Vintage Saddles
      • Naked Bike Ride in Vienna
      • Critical Mass Chic? -- Austria
      • Handsome Fellows
      • Sunshine Yellow?
      • My Cat Loves Bicycles
      • Vintage Raleigh Comes Home
      • Life Imitates Art
      • Glorious Decrepitude
      • Roadster in the Rain
      • Elections, Lovers, Marching Bands
      • Fit for a Princess?
      • Bike Check-ups from the Green Party
      • Can We "Ride Away" from Marketing?
      • In Absentia: Boston Velo Sightings
      • What's Old and Green with Herons All Over?
      • Tender Is the Night
      • Lugs. Chicks Love 'em!
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

dvdsvdsdv
View my complete profile